If you’ve been following the news, you’ll know that child sexual abuse is a major problem on our island and serious cause for concern. In our final installment of Cocktail & Convo for 2017, we have chosen this very important topic to be our focus. Please join us as we delve deeper into this topic with a view of protecting our children and exploring ways for healing and care of the abused and vulnerable.
In this Cocktails & Conversations, we will explore topics such as:
- Providing information on the difference between safe and unsafe touching;
- How parents can teach children the body parts that are considered private;
- Signs that should be not ignored
- Ensuring that children are aware of who to go to when they feel unsafe or confused
- The need to teach children assertive language skills
- And more…
Contributors to the conversation are:
- Counseling psychologist Josh Hector
- Abuse survivor and author of the book Force Ripe, Cindy Mc Kenzie
- Member of the legal community
Date & Time: Wednesday 15th November 2017 from 6pm to 8pm
Venue: The Connection, 2nd Floor, Gleans Building, Lagoon Road, St. George’s
Price: $25 – includes cocktails served by Mixologist Mel
No children allowed at Cocktails & Conversations
To attend, RSVP via email to email@example.com, WhatsApp 473.535.5000, or sign up using the form at the end of the page.
Registration closed. Form removed.